Vital Church Initiative depends on the talent and experience of our clergy and laity in a variety of roles, including Facilitators, Coaches, Peer Mentors and Consultants. We are always looking for new faculty members to work with new churches in the VCI process. Each role requires a certain amount of training.
Below is a list of upcoming training events:
- VCI Overview – Virtual class (Conference call). Sept 17 9:00 – 12:00 This is a prerequisite for all faculty positions. It helps you understand, from a faculty view, of how all the parts of VCI fit together.
- Basic Coach Training. Sept 21-22 St Francis Retreat Center, DeWitt, MI. This provides an overview of all aspects of coaching. It is not VCI specific, rather, it focuses on the coaching process. You will need to attend this if you desire to be a VCI Coach. There is no cost if you agree to serve as a VCI Coach. You will be eligible to serve as a Support Coach once you have completed this training.
- New Consultant Training. Sept 29 10:00 – 4:00 Michigan Area Center, 1011 Northcrest, Lansing, MI. A day-long training on all aspects of serving as a VCI Consultant. Required before you can serve as a consultant. You will be eligible to serve on a consultation team this fall.
- Intro to Directive Coaching. Nov 4 10:00 – 4:00. Michigan Area Center. Once you have completed the BasicCoach Training, you can participate in the Directive Coach Training to serve as a Directive Coach. For more information, or to register for this event, click http://events.miumcarchive.org/event/basic-coach-training/
- Directive Coach Workshop. Nov 17 10:00 – 3:00. Michigan Area Center. Three times each year we host DirectiveCoach workshops to sharpen skills in VCI Workshop facilitation.