The goal is to equip leaders to lead a congregation directly into God’s mission field.
VCI is a process of renewal for growing healthy, vital, fruitful, missional congregations in the Michigan Area of The UMC. VCI offers our pastors and congregations a better future by providing hope to leaders who have lost their outward focus. VCI prepares them for systemic change that will enable them to once again answer God’s call to reach out to new people with the Good News. The overarching expectations are to be:
The process includes:
- Developing a new vision and strategy for communication and implementation
- Motivating congregations to embrace a new vision and mission
- Developing resources, ideas and personnel to prepare for change
- Embracing and implementing change
- Providing new tools and training to be the church for the 21st century
A trained coach will walk along with the congregation as it works to fulfill the prescriptions from the consultation report. Systemic change occurs as a result of hard work; the gain far outweighs the pain. Once change has begun, a whole new world of opportunity opens up. Once again the congregation and pastor can enjoy the fruit of being an outwardly focused church bringing new people to Christ. The goal is to equip leaders to lead a congregation directly into God’s mission field.